Translation of chill in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (coldness — of weather)(— of manner)there's a chill in the airto take the chill off/out of somethinghace frío or frescothe boycott cast a chill over bilateral relationstemplar or calentar algoel boicot enfrió las relaciones bilateralesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (Medicine) to catch a chill 1.3 (shiver)
- He sometimes feels a chill in the atmosphere at Xuhui High school, where he works as a librarian and part-time calligraphy teacher.
- The chill of her surroundings brought the rest of her body to awareness.
- Isabelle kneels down at Martin's gravestone, the bracing night air sending a chill through her body.
- As he says this, a sudden chill descends on Penelope Wilton's hitherto friendly Sonya as if he has trodden on her soul.
- Brian felt it the moment he entered the city limits - a sudden primeval chill, an instinctive animal watchfulness.
- Both the leaders are certainly hoping that it warms up that chill between the countries.
- You'll end up with a chill, and could catch pneumonia.
- On the return trip, Mary caught a chill and the subsequent fever nearly killed her.
- Anyway, a few years ago, he caught a chill and it turned into pneumonia; I buried him behind the cabin and came here.
- And deep inside, a chill of fear ran down the bones of her spine.
- A chill of fear swept over her and goosebumps sprang over her arms.
- A chill of fear runs down my spine as I see a small hint of anger upon Matt's face, even though he is trying to keep it emotionless.
- (wine/food)serve chilledponer a enfriarwe were chilled to the bonesírvase fríothe scream chilled his bloodestábamos congelados (de frío)al oír el grito se le heló la sangre en las venasExample sentences
- The champagne should be chilled for at least four hours before serving and after opening should be kept in an ice bucket.
- This dish is at its best when it has been chilled for 24 hours.
- Chill the pie for at least four hours, then top with whipped cream and garnish with reserved strawberry halves.
- [literary]Example sentences
- With the return of grey skies and chill winds, what better than a concert promising a hint of warmer climes?
- On a bleak, grey afternoon with a chill wind coming from the North Sea barely 100 yards away, Stanley took control of the game early on and the home side rarely threatened.
- A crisp, chill wind bit at our exposed faces as we walked along designated walkways to the terminal; despite the cold, I found an extra vigour in my step.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.