Translation of chilly in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 [room/weather] frío chilly today, isn't it? hace fresquito hoy ¿no? I feel chilly tengo frío a chilly economic climate una situación económica adversaExample sentences1.2 [greeting/welcome] frío
- Sultry summer evenings gave way to chilly autumn and cold winter nights.
- I have an immersion heater so we'll have hot water, but the radiators are stone cold and it's chilly this evening.
- A big, blazing fire in a massive, heat retaining rock fireplace will be just the thing for chilly evenings - or cold winter days.
- You should see him wrinkle his nose in disgust if it's all chilly and unfriendly.
- Earlier today, Bill, Powell had rather a chilly reception from the Moroccan king.
- Also, they give the president's State of the Union speech a rather chilly reception.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the