Translation of chilly in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1.1(room/weather)chilly today, isn't it?
fríohace fresquito hoy ¿no?I feel chilly a chilly economic climateuna situación económica adversaExample sentences1.2
- Sultry summer evenings gave way to chilly autumn and cold winter nights.
- I have an immersion heater so we'll have hot water, but the radiators are stone cold and it's chilly this evening.
- A big, blazing fire in a massive, heat retaining rock fireplace will be just the thing for chilly evenings - or cold winter days.
- You should see him wrinkle his nose in disgust if it's all chilly and unfriendly.
- Earlier today, Bill, Powell had rather a chilly reception from the Moroccan king.
- Also, they give the president's State of the Union speech a rather chilly reception.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.