Translation of chime in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sound — of bells)(— of clock)
campanada (feminine)(— of doorbell)
campanilla (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (device) (usually plural)
- Even out here, he had heard the chimes and was transported.
- A few seconds after she spoke, the crew of the Varian could hear the same mysterious chimes floating through the air, but this time, they did have a melody.
- Reality of the situation came back down when I heard the chimes go through the house and I froze, horrified.
- It wasn't until we had reached the top platform in front of the door that we heard the bells and chimes tune telling everyone we had arrived.
- Much like musical doorbell chimes: you can only listen to a badly midi-ized version of the William Tell overture once before you rip out the batteries and revert to knocking.
- People choose chimes for two button doorbell circuits because they want different sounds for the front and back doors.
- (tune)the clock chimed midnight
tocarel reloj dió or tocó las doceExample sentences
- A bell chimed from a grandfather clock in the corner of the room.
- Elsewhere, other fireworks lit the night sky, as the St Magnus Cathedral bells chimed over Broad Street revellers and Stromness echoed to the sound of ships' horns.
- At 10.29 am, when the second tower collapsed, bells chimed and fog-horns of boats on the nearby Hudson River sounded.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.