Translation of Chinese in Spanish:
noun plural Chinese
- 1 countable (person)Example sentences
- It was retold by the Chinese and by the national minorities of southern and southwest China.
- The purpose of the airlift was to carry enough supplies into Western China to keep the Chinese in the war.
- Hartley easily beat Wu Minxia of China, preventing the Chinese from a possible sweep of diving gold medals.
- 2 uncountable (language)Example sentences
- These languages include Chinese, Hindi / Urdu, Japanese, Juang, Korean, Icelandic, Lithuanian, and Russian.
- This was offered in broadband by BBC News interactive in six languages including Urdu, Chinese and Arabic.
- His poems have been translated into all Indian languages and foreign languages, including Chinese, French and German.
- 3 uncountable and countable (food, meal) (British) [colloquial]comida (feminine) chinaExample sentences
- Forget Chinese, Indian or pizza - a York chip shop is to deliver traditional fish and chips door-to-door.
- Getting pizza, Chinese or curry delivered twice a week at £20 a time adds up to an impressive £173 a month.
- As we are not in training we aren't able to burn off the Chinese or the Kebab you ate the night before.
- More fabulous is Gars - which various Brighton friends had assured me was the best Chinese in town, and having tried it I have to agree.
- I love Japanese food and, when I get time, I try to go out to a West End restaurant but it's nice and easy to be able to go to your local Chinese.
- Now to head to the Chinese for a takeaway, then freshen up and head down to Brookes for some light refreshment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.