Translation of chocolate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable a bar of chocolateplain o dark o (American English) semi-sweet chocolateuna pastilla or tableta de chocolate→ milk chocolatechocolate amargo(before noun) (egg)de chocolateExample sentences1.2 countable (candy, sweet) a box of chocolates
(before noun) chocolate liqueuruna caja de bombonesbombón de licorExample sentences1.3 uncountable
- The only foods previously available were chocolate bars, candy, potato chips and pop.
- She enjoys Italian food, chocolate biscuits and reading endless amounts of books.
- Look, you do not need to coat the bottom of a chocolate chip cookie with chocolate.
also: drinking chocolatea cup of hot chocolatechocolate (masculine) or cacao (masculine) en polvouna taza de chocolate
- You have to get a second mortgage in order to buy a small box of chocolates.
- When I was five, she bought me chocolates and chewing gum and we talked about cricket.
- All we were offered were packets of sweet custard creams and chocolates.
- 2 uncountable (color)color (masculine) chocolatemarrón (masculine) or (Chile) (Mexico) café (masculine) or (Colombia) carmelito (masculine) oscuroExample sentences
- Cysts are also likely to grow within the ovaries and these cysts are chocolate brown in colour.
- What was wrong with deep chocolate brown, or a lighter green to the usual wheelies?
- His eyes are this deep chocolate brown color, the type you could lose your mind in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.