Translation of churn in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for making butter) mantequera (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (milk can) (British English/inglés británico) lechera (feminine), tarro (masculine) de leche (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , cantina (feminine) (Colombia)
- Mothers made butter from milk, they mixed the milk in a butter churn.
- Some of them saw us and paused at their chores, resting behind their ploughs or looking up from butter churns and gardens.
- In the center of the room stands an enormous stainless steel churn, a giant horizontal spatula on wheels to remove the butter from the churn, and a boat, or trough, into which the spatula unloads its haul.
- The milk was offered from a metal churn and the ladles hung from it.
- When he had finished, he poured the milk into the big churns and washed the buckets.
- I started when I was nine years old going round with my father with a horse and float with milk churns.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [liquid/water] arremolinarse; [wheels/propeller] girar rápidamente the churning sea el mar revuelto my stomach was churning tenía un nudo en el estómago
churn outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [colloquial/familiar] producir* como salchichas [colloquial/familiar]
churn upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento revolver* I felt all churned up inside tenía un nudo en el estómago
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.