Translation of churn in Spanish:
- 1 (for making butter)Example sentences
- Mothers made butter from milk, they mixed the milk in a butter churn.
- Some of them saw us and paused at their chores, resting behind their ploughs or looking up from butter churns and gardens.
- In the center of the room stands an enormous stainless steel churn, a giant horizontal spatula on wheels to remove the butter from the churn, and a boat, or trough, into which the spatula unloads its haul.
- 2 (milk can) (British)Example sentences
- The milk was offered from a metal churn and the ladles hung from it.
- When he had finished, he poured the milk into the big churns and washed the buckets.
- I started when I was nine years old going round with my father with a horse and float with milk churns.
- 1 (stir)(milk/cream)
- The sample of the sound of milk being churned into butter takes on an eerie sound that is more like a pack of marching troopers than a regular act of rural domesticity.
- When this milk was churned, the concentration of pesticides increased; that might be the butter you spread on toast.
- If the gold ore is not refined one will not obtain the pure gold, if the milk is not churned one will not obtain butter, and if the sesame seed is not pounded one will not produce sesame oil.
- McDermott was the lady who churned the butter at Rathscanlon.
- Women churned butter, baked potato bread and poured Irish coffees.
- She was raised on a rustic Tyrolian farm where she learned to churn butter, bake bread, and store provisions for winter.
- 2 (agitate)Example sentences
- It churned up the sea even more, and beat the yellow rain macs of the fishermen tying down tarpaulins.
- His hands were quivering, and his stomach felt as though it were churning and moving.
- I write this my stomach is churning a little with tension, remembering how it felt.
- 3 (Finance)hacer rotar en exceso (para incrementar comisiones)Example sentences
- Managers may churn their accounts to generate more soft dollars in order to buy services such as stock research.
- The broker appears to have churned the account and Donald let him do so.
- It was the kind of fairy tale brokers tell their clients while churning their accounts.
arremolinarse(wheels/propeller)the churning sea
girar rápidamenteel mar revueltomy stomach was churningtenía un nudo en el estómago
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.