Translation of circumstance in Spanish:
- 1 (condition, fact) circunstancia (feminine) owing to circumstances beyond our control debido a circunstancias ajenas a nuestra voluntad aggravating/extenuating/exonerating circumstances circunstancias agravantes/atenuantes/eximentes in o under the circumstances dadas las circunstancias in o under no circumstances bajo ningún concepto, bajo ninguna circunstancia in certain circumstances en algunas circunstancias in o under normal circumstances en circunstancias normalesExample sentences
- In my view it was an opinion which is justified by the particular circumstances of the case.
- But the judgment whether exceptional circumstances exist is not quantitative only, but may be qualitative also.
- They have just faxed us to say there are unable to travel because of unforeseen circumstances beyond their control.
- 2(circumstances plural)(financial position) a gentleman in reduced o straitened circumstances un caballero venido a menos a person in my circumstances una persona en mi situación or posición económica see also pomp
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.