- 1 [Theat] circo (m); (before n) [clown/animal] de circoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It's all quite a long way removed from the life he and his father once knew, as entertainers in a travelling circus.
- He heard the complaints that he sometimes came across as too dour and awkward and while that rankled, he always insisted he was there to manage a football team not entertain like a circus clown.
- I just can't get enough of shows performed in circus tents.
- By the 4th century A.D., nearly 177 days per year were devoted to the Games, held at the circus.
- The circle is the defining motif of the Frénouse, a shape that haunted Tatin, from his early obsession with the enclosed ring of the circus, to his adolescent observation of planets.
- 2 (in town) (BrE) glorieta (f)More example sentences
- Tomorrow sees the Town Hall in Regent Circus host the Quiz.
- The new civic space - the Circus - will provide the focal point and is described by developers as ‘an oasis of calm in the city centre’.
- The work will also affect Regent Circus, Clarence Street, Princes Street and Victoria Road.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.