- 1 [Theat] circo (m); (before n) [clown/animal] de circoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It's all quite a long way removed from the life he and his father once knew, as entertainers in a travelling circus.
- He heard the complaints that he sometimes came across as too dour and awkward and while that rankled, he always insisted he was there to manage a football team not entertain like a circus clown.
- I just can't get enough of shows performed in circus tents.
- By the 4th century A.D., nearly 177 days per year were devoted to the Games, held at the circus.
- The circle is the defining motif of the Frénouse, a shape that haunted Tatin, from his early obsession with the enclosed ring of the circus, to his adolescent observation of planets.
- 2 (in town) (BrE) glorieta (f)More example sentences
- Tomorrow sees the Town Hall in Regent Circus host the Quiz.
- The new civic space - the Circus - will provide the focal point and is described by developers as ‘an oasis of calm in the city centre’.
- The work will also affect Regent Circus, Clarence Street, Princes Street and Victoria Road.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)