Translation of citation in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (quotation)Example sentences1.2 countable (commendation)
- Not that the book lacks citations, references and footnotes.
- The endnotes are primarily scholarly citations of sources, while the footnotes amplify, explain, or illuminate details or side stories.
- In 1905, he published five landmark papers without footnotes or citations.
Example sentences1.3 countable (Law)
- Those records include the official after-action report, citations for Bronze Stars awarded for heroism that day and now the Task Force 115 report.
- He has received many citations and official commendations and published two volumes of collected poems he wrote.
- The citation praises in particular the penthouse flat which it describes as a tour de force.
- The remainder of the story is best told in the citation accompanying the award of his Air Force Cross.
- The citation accompanying the award said he was tasked with the disposal of two sea mines.
- He read the citation accompanying the award and added his own praise.
- A citation requires a court appearance with the punishment and fine being determined by the judge upon conviction.
- Indeed, he was told he would face a contempt of court citation if he disclosed either his complaint or the censure.
- The police prosecutor has used it in court to look up the driving history of people who were appealing traffic citations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.