- 1 1.1 (of society, citizens) civilMore example sentences1.2 (not military) [government/aviation] civil 1.3 [Law/Derecho] [case/suit] civil
More example sentences
- Specific mission requirements also require the additional task organization of military police, civil affairs, and aviation assets.
- The second use of the Law concerns civil matters.
- But the link between civil aviation deals and military follow-ups is well established.
- When the activities of a public body, or individual, are relevant to a private law dispute in civil proceedings, public law may in a similar way provide answers which are relevant to the resolution of the private law issue.
- The January 2003 agreement was signed prior to the commencement of any civil proceedings.
- With no criminal proceedings pending in the case, the family instituted civil proceedings.
- 2 (polite) [reply/remark] cortés that's very civil of you es muy gentil de su parteMore example sentences
- The point of being polite or civil to another human being is not to demonstrate superiority, it is to demonstrate respect.
- I'll be polite and civil to him, and I honestly don't think he wants anything more than that.
- Whatever his problem may be, he does not belong in a service occupation if he cannot act in a civil and courteous manner toward his guests.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the