Translation of claw in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of tiger, lion) zarpa (feminine), garra (feminine); (of eagle) garra (feminine) to get one's claws into sb [colloquial/familiar] he won't stand a chance if she gets her claws into him es hombre muerto si cae en sus garras the critics have got their claws into him los críticos se le han echado encima or se han encarnizado con élExample sentences1.2 (of crab, lobster) pinza (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (of hammer) boca (feminine) sacaclavos; (of excavator) cuchara (feminine)
- Stalls sold everything from dried lizards and birds' claws to spanners, nails and toothpaste.
- The limbs are only moderately long, and the feet are narrow, with four main digits and short claws.
- Lured into a folk chemist, I ducked beneath lizard claws and snake skins, dodged the birds' feet and goat horns.
- Please find attached two pictures that I took of a crab with four pincers on the one claw.
- In some species, large males may use their major claw to kill smaller crabs.
- They look like scorpions without tail or claws, and they live from animals' droppings.
- This he replaced with a mechanical claw plated with a non-tarnishing gold alloy.
- It took the huge mechanical claw of a giant bulldozer just 35 minutes to crush it to a pile of dust.
- They resembled green humanoid lizards, except for the black bodysuits and mechanical claws.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- arañarto claw
atsth she clawed at his face trató de arañarle la cara the cat's clawing at the door el gato está arañando la puerta he clawed at the branch as he fell intentó agarrarse de la rama al caer
claw backverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [money/revenue] recuperar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.