Translation of clingy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-gier, -giest)[colloquial/familiar]
- 1.1 [dress/top] que se pega al cuerpoExample sentences1.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] [child] poco independiente; [adult] pegajoso [colloquial/familiar], pesado [colloquial/familiar]
- This leaves ample scope for clingy vests, suede halter tops and vulgar Hawaiian shirts.
- But what's with the garish red walls of the underpass and the ridiculously clingy dress hugging Alex's voluptuous frame?
- Her beautiful clingy dress that she had worn last night was in a heap on the floor along with her stiletto heels, aluminum crown, and corsage.
- Where once she was outgoing and confident, now she is clingy and dependent.
- If this week people are clingy and dependant, easily offended and insecure, don't be manipulated by their whims of steel.
- She was dependent on me, she was clingy and needy, and she didn't have a strong support system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...