Translation of clingy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-gier, -giest)[colloquial/familiar]
- 1.1 [dress/top] que se pega al cuerpoExample sentences1.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] [child] poco independiente; [adult] pegajoso [colloquial/familiar], pesado [colloquial/familiar]
- This leaves ample scope for clingy vests, suede halter tops and vulgar Hawaiian shirts.
- But what's with the garish red walls of the underpass and the ridiculously clingy dress hugging Alex's voluptuous frame?
- Her beautiful clingy dress that she had worn last night was in a heap on the floor along with her stiletto heels, aluminum crown, and corsage.
- Where once she was outgoing and confident, now she is clingy and dependent.
- If this week people are clingy and dependant, easily offended and insecure, don't be manipulated by their whims of steel.
- She was dependent on me, she was clingy and needy, and she didn't have a strong support system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.