Translation of cloister in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Architecture) (often plural)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- In Carthusian houses the individual cells occupied by members of the community open from the cloister walk.
- A trumpet sounded through the sun-bathed cloisters of Manchester Cathedral after the coffin of Stephen Oake was borne in by six pall-bearers yesterday.
- Hundreds of us occupied the cathedral cloisters and held a short rally.
- Sometimes Behrens recalls these stories from the vantage point of the monastic cloister.
- The setting is revolutionary France and a cloister of Carmelite nuns.
- There were many famous cloisters in Byzantium where such women placed themselves at the service of society as a whole.
- Jedidah, before you commit yourself to the cloisters, we want to give you a choice.
- When we meet Jesus in the medieval West, it is, in these and other ways, most often as the Christ of the cloisters.
- This embrace of the mystical dimension of faith does not require withdrawal to the cloister or a privatized Christianity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.