Translation of cloister in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Architecture) (often plural)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- In Carthusian houses the individual cells occupied by members of the community open from the cloister walk.
- A trumpet sounded through the sun-bathed cloisters of Manchester Cathedral after the coffin of Stephen Oake was borne in by six pall-bearers yesterday.
- Hundreds of us occupied the cathedral cloisters and held a short rally.
- Sometimes Behrens recalls these stories from the vantage point of the monastic cloister.
- The setting is revolutionary France and a cloister of Carmelite nuns.
- There were many famous cloisters in Byzantium where such women placed themselves at the service of society as a whole.
- Jedidah, before you commit yourself to the cloisters, we want to give you a choice.
- When we meet Jesus in the medieval West, it is, in these and other ways, most often as the Christ of the cloisters.
- This embrace of the mystical dimension of faith does not require withdrawal to the cloister or a privatized Christianity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.