Translation of cloistered in Spanish:
- 1 (Architecture) (before noun)(courtyard/walk/garden)
- The cloistered walkways of Cambridge Crematorium are dotted with granite plaques bearing the names of the dear departed.
- A cloistered walkway cloaked in blackness ran around the periphery of the ground floor of the atrium.
- You walk along airy, cloistered corridors decorated with huge paintings to reach the Monasterio's 100 plus rooms and almost 20 suites.
- 2(outlook)he had led a cloistered existence
limitadohabía vivido muy enclaustradoExample sentences
- In the larger world outside the cloistered environs of Cambridge academia, the ever-shifting kaleidoscope of life was shaken yet again.
- But sound artist Francisco Lopez is no cloistered academic, folks, no matter how many big words he tosses around.
- Understanding something such as a random act of violence is difficult for Gerald, because of his cloistered upbringing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.