Translation of cocktail in Spanish:
- 1 countable (drink) he invited us over for cocktailsnos invitó a tomar unas copas or unos tragosa lethal cocktailun cóctel or coctel explosivococktail mixerExample sentences
- The fight came at the end of a night's clubbing during which the prince is reported to have drunk vodka cocktails, tequila and beer.
- Just as my fellow students were intimidated by formal grammar, a lot of otherwise sophisticated people are intimidated by spirits, cocktails and mixed drinks.
- Spring is the time in her restaurant for rum drinks, cocktails with fruit and drinks with fizz.
- 2 countable or uncountable (food)cóctel (masculine) de algo→ fruit cocktail 1, → shrimp cocktailExample sentences
- On the menu are such delights of Olde England: prawn cocktail, steak Diane and banana flambé
- A tempting array of starters ranged from melon, garlic bread and prawn cocktail through to pasta dishes which could have been a main course in themselves.
- Her preferences seem to rest mainly on seafood cocktails, shrimp and tilapia - a fish I normally find to be insipid stuff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.