Translation of coffee in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (beans, granules, drink) coffee filtercoffee groundsfiltro (masculine) de cafécoffee mill o grinder coffee spoonposo (masculine) del cafécucharita (feminine) or cucharilla (feminine) de caféExample sentences
- I usually just drink ordinary dark roast coffee, as strong as possible.
- He drank the rest of his cup of coffee and ground out the cigarette in the ashtray.
- Wendy's heart was pumping violently in her chest, as if she'd drunk ten cups of coffee in so many minutes.
- Despite shortages of certain items like instant coffee, sugar, and most of our milk powder, the food was lasting well.
- The value of the raw beans contained in a jar of instant coffee may be no more than a few pennies, but the final product may be sold for over £2.
- The gifts offered to health professionals amounted to a jar of instant coffee and some non-medical books.
- 2 uncountable (color)Example sentences
- Some give cooler hues of mushroom, putty or milky coffee.
- In the theme of green, male colours such as cream white, light coffee, green and brown along with soft cut and cute details give a profile of romantic woman.
- There are single, doubles, anemone-flowered forms, and an amazing choice of colour variations - from coffee through to citrus yellow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.