Translation of cognizance in Spanish:
- 1.1 (knowledge) [formal] conocimiento (masculine) to have cognizance of sth tener* conocimiento de algo please take cognizance of the fact that … pongo en su conocimiento que … [formal]Example sentences1.2 [Law/Derecho] competencia (feminine)
- The famous statement ‘unity of empty cognizance suffused with awareness’ refers to your own nature, the essence of your mind.
- All of the lofty transcendental concepts that are in the higher worlds are meant to become a part of our experience and cognizance.
- The smokers in the room were most appreciative of her cognisance of their plight!
- Most international human rights instruments subsequently adopted by the United Nations have a basis in the Universal Declaration and give further definition and cognisance to those rights.
- The law takes no cognisance of carelessness in the abstract.
- It is bound, of course, to give cognisance to the fact of the order that is being enforced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.