Translation of coincidence in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (chance happening) what a coincidence!¡qué casualidad!by coincidence he was there
¡qué coincidencia!dio la casualidad de que estaba allíit was pure/no coincidence that …fue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …Example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together)Example sentences2.2 (agreement)
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.