Translation of coincidence in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (chance happening) what a coincidence!by coincidence he was there¡qué coincidencia!it was pure/no coincidence that …dio la casualidad de que estaba allífue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …Example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together) 2.2 (agreement)Example sentences
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.