Translation of coincidence in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (chance happening) casualidad (feminine), coincidencia (feminine) what a coincidence! ¡qué casualidad!, ¡qué coincidencia! by coincidence he was there dio la casualidad de que estaba allí it was pure/no coincidence that … fue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …Example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together) coincidencia (feminine) 2.2 (agreement) coincidencia (feminine)Example sentences
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.