- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (chance happening) casualidad (feminine), coincidencia (feminine) what a coincidence! ¡qué casualidad!, ¡qué coincidencia! by coincidence he was there dio la casualidad de que estaba allí it was pure/no coincidence that … fue pura casualidad/no fue casualidad que …More example sentences
- By coincidence I was trailing two unsuspecting girls also apparently going to the show.
- By coincidence, the factory closed down in 1912, the year the Titanic went down at sea with such a huge loss of life.
- By coincidence, my friend Nat Gertler was at the same performance last night of The Producers.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (occurrence together) coincidencia (feminine) 2.2 (agreement) coincidencia (feminine)More example sentences
- For most of the time, this coincidence of interest was recognized.
- There is little coincidence of interest between the consumer and a state-owned utility.
- This surprising degree of coincidence of territory and national identity has been achieved in two ways.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.