Translation of comb in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for hair) peine (masculine), peinilla (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , peineta (feminine) (Chile) to go over sth with a fine-tooth comb examinar or revisar algo minuciosamente or con lupaExample sentences1.2 (worn in hair) peineta (feminine)
- This involves lifting the hair with a metal comb and burning off the ends with a lighted taper.
- I quickly brushed my teeth and ran a comb through my hair.
- After breaking another tooth off of my comb, I realized that my hair was the boss.
- Besides the explosion of headbands and jeweled hair combs, watch for a continual rise in the popularity of all types of silk and couture hair flowers.
- No hats, combs, kerchiefs or anything but hair should be on your head.
- ‘Finished,’ I called out and pulled the gold combs out of my hair as he turned back to face me.
- 2 (act) (no plural/sin plural) your hair needs a good comb tienes que peinarte bien give your hair a quick comb pásate un peine, date una peinada (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)Example sentences
- Giving my hair a quick comb through with my fingers I turned around to see that the door was open.
- With a quick comb of her hair, and the applying of a light coat of make-up and a flowery fragrance, she was out the door.
- I've taken to wearing baseball caps instead of having a slight comb in the morning.
- 3 (for disentangling fibres) carda (feminine)Example sentences
- If a comb was used, this would be to get the fibres parallel.
- 4 (on bird) cresta (feminine)Example sentences
- Resplendent in bright orange, black and red, his comb, wattles and ear lobes have been shorn off.
- Cracids may have a casque, hard comb, wattle or fleshy knob at the base of the bill.
- As in other grouse species, red grouse combs are larger and brighter in males, and their size is testosterone-dependent.
- 5(honeycomb)panal (masculine) honey on the comb miel (feminine) con un trozo de panal
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (pass a comb through) to comb sb's hair peinar a algn to comb one's hair peinarse 1.2 [wool/cotton] peinar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an