Translation of combination in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (mixture) an interesting color combination o combination of colorsuna interesante combinación de coloresthe two methods work very well in combinationlos dos métodos funcionan muy bien usados en conjunciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (Mathematics)
- The combination of top quality performance and the ambience of the concerts has produced evenings of great enjoyment both musically and socially.
- He said it was crucial to study the uplands because they had a distinct combination of agriculture, landscape, tourism, plus artistic and cultural inspiration.
- We've found that your particular combination of qualities is rare - only 2 in 10,000 people share the same general mix of traits.
- In combination there is something even beyond, that joins the three in harmony.
- The twinport petrol engines achieve reductions in fuel consumption by using a variable intake manifold in combination with high rates of exhaust gas recirculation.
- The therapy involves heated, very smooth stones being rubbed into your back, arms and legs in combination with traditional Swedish massage techniques.
- His final publication was on combinations where he used the notation (m, n) for the combinations of n objects selected from m objects.
- Mahavira gave special rules for the use of permutations and combinations which was a topic of special interest in Jaina mathematics.
- Perhaps they're computing permutations of combinations?
- 2 countable (of lock)Example sentences
- Turning the dial and entering the correct combination, he pulled open the metal safe door and peered inside at the Manila folders it contained.
- He set the safe on his bed, quickly put in the combination and opened it.
- It must be a hidden safe, one that will only open if the right combination was dialed on the phone.
- 4 countable (motorcycle and sidecar) (British English)moto (feminine) con sidecarExample sentences
- Racing with specially constructed motor cycle and sidecar combinations is a recognised but inherently very dangerous sport.
- A thought I just had: how much do you hate it when motorbike/sidecar combinations come apart in films and the sidecar carries on on its own, usually ending up in a duck pond or hay stack.
- They moved at high speed, often with motorcycle combinations, ahead of the panzer divisions, to reconnoitre routes and maintain the momentum of the assault.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.