Translation of comeback in Spanish:
- 1 (return, revival) to make o stage a comebackhe made o staged a comeback at 60volvió a la escena ( or a la política etc) a los 60 (años)he made a dramatic comeback in the second setse recuperó espectacularmente en el segundo set70s fashion is making a comebackvuelve la moda de los años 70Example sentences
- This unexpected gesture appears to have motivated him to make his comeback attempt most serious.
- Failed comeback attempts, like successful ones, are a staple of baseball history, a feature of every season.
- She was initially uncertain because, despite a successful comeback tour two years back, she officially retired eight years ago.
- Odds are if you feel a style isn't apropos for you on its fashion comeback, you are probably being honest with yourself.
- The Polynesian craze of mid-century America has made a comeback in fashion, collectibles, interior decor and art.
- As well, we both know that square toes shoes will make a comeback as soon as fashion marketers have found a way to lace every man in pointy shoes.
- 2 (redress) (no plural) the trouble is (that) you have no comeback at allel problema es que no puedes hacer ninguna reclamación or no puedes exigir reparaciónyour only comeback is to complain to the managertu único recurso es quejarte al gerenteExample sentences
- We approach power as supplicants; we have no redress or comeback, indeed no knowledge of how it works; we accept what our politicians hand down in the name of a hereditary leader.
- If the Minister does not like what the commissioner is saying, doing, or writing, then he or she can remove the commissioner without any recompense or comeback at all.
- We have no comeback now but to take the matter to court which is a very expensive option but one that we're going to talk about.
- 3 (retort)Example sentences
- Always first with the one-liners and quickest at comebacks?
- Since I came here I've been on the defensive, it didn't take long to perfect my quick cutting comebacks, and they always lead me to say things like that, without thinking.
- Drawing on years of quick comebacks, he sniffed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.