Translation of committee in Spanish:
- (of club, society)(of parliament) comisión (feminine)to be on a committeeser miembro de un comité or una comisiónit was discussed in committeese discutió en un comitéthe executive committee(before noun) (meeting/member/chair)committee room
del comité or de la comisiónsala (feminine) de reuniones del comité/de la comisiónthe bill is at committee stage (British English)el proyecto de ley está siendo estudiado por una comisión parlamentariaExample sentences
- An emergency meeting of the committee members met last Friday to decide what action to take.
- The committee members attended a function in the Civic Offices last Friday night.
- All families who use our services, and past committee members and staff are welcome.
- He agreed with much Mr Kearley had said, and would be prepared to consider amendments in committee.
- If no one objects, it will be discussed in further detail in committee, before moving on to the House of Commons.
- Several committees of the European Parliament had recommended such a course of action before any agreement was concluded.
- The Committee of the whole House then considers the bill.
- That was a decision made by the Committee of the whole House.
- This is a measure that that Minister will need to justify clause by clause to the House and to the Committee of the whole House as she insists on taking this legislation through all its stages over the next day or two.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.