- 1.1 (community)Example sentences1.2 (administrative division)
- Setting up communes, where senior citizens can live together with well-provided support structures that they might require from time to time is a good idea.
- I lived with various communes of people in share houses, or on shared land, I lived in tepees, in cars, in tents, in a bedroll.
- I thought it would be neat to live in a peaceful commune and promote world togetherness.
- Monaco has borders with several communes of the French Department of the Alpes-Maritimes.
- The commune is the smallest administrative level.
- Wines made from grapes grown within the commune of Pupillin have the right to the appellation Arbois Pupillin.
- In other communes a two-thirds majority vote could enforce consolidations for the whole village.
- In Spain in 1857, and in Italy in 1859, education laws imposed on communes the obligation to provide elementary schools, and on parents the obligation to send their children there for at least two or three years.
- At the beginning of the Second World War 45 per cent of the population lived in rural communes, defined as having fewer than 2,000 inhabitants.
- [literary]to commune with God/natureestar en íntima comunión con Dios/la naturalezaExample sentences
- This was an almost sacred space, within which a man communed with the very essence of his creative, spiritual vision.
- There was nothing more intimate and secluded than that celebration in the midst of an open field, a simple place within which people communed with grace.
- However, the effort is invariably rewarded with the sense of well-being that comes from communing with the glories of nature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to