Translation of commute in Spanish:
- 1 (reduce)(sentence/punishment)the death sentence was commuted to one of life imprisonment
conmutarle conmutaron la pena de muerte por la de cadena perpetua
- 2 (change, convert) [formal] (payment)to commute something
into/ forsomethingconmutar algo poralgoExample sentences
- Under these conditions, direct labor service duties were commuted for money payments.
- Many of these men were probably employed in respect of lands who had commuted their military obligation for cash, although others were employed entirely in their own right.
- Landlords had commuted most labor rents and rents in kind into contractual money rents by around 1600.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.