Translation of competent in Spanish:
- 1.1 he's competent in his work/as an instructorto be competent to +es competente en su trabajo/como instructor
infinitiveI'm not competent to judgeestar capacitado para+ infinitiveI feel competent to deal with the situationno estoy capacitado para juzgarme siento capacitado or preparado para hacerle frente a la situaciónExample sentences1.2 (adequate) how's her German? — quite competent
¿qué tal habla alemán? — bastante bienExample sentences1.3 (legally qualified) (Law)
- Use words that show her that she is competent, capable, and talented.
- For example, there's an ingrained distrust in our society of highly intelligent, highly trained, highly competent persons.
- Tang and Siew are both talented and competent persons.
- K - 19: The Widowmaker is a competent, satisfactory submarine movie.
- We'd been warned about possible poor service, but actually it was competent, if not outstanding.
- But most were at least competent, some outstanding.
- In other words, this is a finding of fact for the competent authority dealing with the case in the first instance and which, for reasons we give hereunder, we should not interfere with.
- I went to court because the court is the only competent authority to judge whether the allegation holds or not.
- It is a question of fact and degree in respect of which the court will only interfere with the decision of the competent authority if its conclusion is plainly wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...