Translation of complement in Spanish:
- 1 1.1complement (
tosth) complemento (masculine)( dealgo) 1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] (complemento (masculine)) predicativo (masculine)Example sentences1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] complemento (masculine) the complement of an angle el complemento de un ángulo
- Complement clauses are subordinate clauses that function as complements of a word: that they were too noisy in She told them that they were too noisy.
- Recall that a verb governs an object, and the head of a phrase governs the complement.
- For many people, ‘feel like’ has become a complex verb that takes sentential complements.
- Likewise, in base 2, the complement of a number is obtained by subtraction from a row of 1's.
- 2 (full number) the orchestra had the full complement of strings la orquestra contaba con una sección de cuerdas completa the ship's complement [Nautical/Náutica] la tripulación or dotación completaExample sentences
- This will require a full complement of diplomatic, political and military efforts.
- The cell is then stretched and split into two halves on the framework of microtubules, each half containing a full complement of chromosomes.
- Tetraploids, inheriting a full complement of chromosomes from each parent, and thus having double the normal allowance, occur in nature or can be induced.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- complementar those colors complement each other esos colores se complementan (entre sí)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.