Translation of concert in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈkɑnˌsərt/ British English: /ˈkɒnsət/
- 1 countable (performance) rock concertconcierto de rockconcert performer concert tourgira (feminine) de conciertosExample sentences
- Boccherini and Manfredi next went to Spain, where they played in opera performances and concerts.
- The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra gives two concerts in its farewell tour with Mariss Jansons.
- Symphony concerts have fallen off the map of cultured people's consciousness.
transitive verbAmerican English: /kənˈsərt/ British English: /kənˈsəːt/
- 1 [formal]Example sentences
- The basic units for concerting opinion at the launch of the CoR were the national delegations which, like the ESC Groups, are resourced by the CoR to meet regularly to discuss the Committee's work programme.
- After that several of the city's western sections began to organize for an insurrection, their primary assemblies refusing the Convention's instructions to disband, and concerting defiant denunciations of its ballot-rigging.
- Both Salandra and Sonnino in 1915 and Mussolini in 1940 believed it possible to fight a ‘parallel war’ without concerting strategy with their allies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.