- 1 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] cono (masculine) cone-shaped cónicoMore example sentences1.2 (of volcano) cono (masculine) (volcánico)
More example sentences1.3 (for traffic control) cono (masculine)
- In the first 57 propositions in On the Section of a Cone Serenus examined triangular sections of right and scalene cones made by planes passing through the vertex.
- If the planes pass through the vertex of the cone, the conics are said to be degenerate, otherwise they are not.
- To be precise, it has to pass through the cone surface
More example sentences
- Various architectures connecting extrusive mud volcanic cones to their underlying source layer have been described, ranging from bulbous diapirs to steep diatremes and narrow vertical pipes.
- Monogenetic volcanoes are small and occur as scoria cones, tuff cones and rings, and maars; they form from single, typically brief eruptions.
- That error is encouraged by the mountain's cone shape and real volcanoes nearby - as at Sibley Preserve.
- There are also several planks of wood, a traffic cone, a section of mesh metal fence and a shopping trolley.
- Video footage showed him throwing up to a dozen missiles and a traffic cone at police in the White Abbey Road area during his 35-minute involvement.
- Moving on toward the production control area, Duncan stops to indicate a red traffic cone sitting inside a square taped on the floor.
- 2(ice-cream cone)cucurucho (masculine) or (Chile, Mexico/Chile, México) barquillo (masculine) or (Venezuela) barquilla (feminine) or (Colombia) cono (masculine)
- 3 (in retina) cono (masculine)More example sentences
- Rods are responsible for vision in low light and cones are responsible for color vision.
- The cornea and lens of the eye ensure that the light rays are focused on the rods and cones of the retina.
- This test evaluates the cones of the retina and the visual cortex.
- 4 [Botany/Botánica] piña (f), cono (m)More example sentences
- Conifer cones, cone scales, cone seeds, and tiny scaly conifer stems are found at a number of short-shoot sites.
- Pinaceae are Monoecious with small pollen cones and larger seed cones with spirally arranged scales.
- But that's good news for the tree, since fire opens its serotinous cones to release the seeds, starting the process over again.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.