Translation of cone in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] cono (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of volcano) cono (masculine) (volcánico)
Example sentences1.3 (for traffic control) cono (masculine)
- In the first 57 propositions in On the Section of a Cone Serenus examined triangular sections of right and scalene cones made by planes passing through the vertex.
- If the planes pass through the vertex of the cone, the conics are said to be degenerate, otherwise they are not.
- To be precise, it has to pass through the cone surface
- Various architectures connecting extrusive mud volcanic cones to their underlying source layer have been described, ranging from bulbous diapirs to steep diatremes and narrow vertical pipes.
- Monogenetic volcanoes are small and occur as scoria cones, tuff cones and rings, and maars; they form from single, typically brief eruptions.
- That error is encouraged by the mountain's cone shape and real volcanoes nearby - as at Sibley Preserve.
- There are also several planks of wood, a traffic cone, a section of mesh metal fence and a shopping trolley.
- Video footage showed him throwing up to a dozen missiles and a traffic cone at police in the White Abbey Road area during his 35-minute involvement.
- Moving on toward the production control area, Duncan stops to indicate a red traffic cone sitting inside a square taped on the floor.
- 2(ice-cream cone)cucurucho (masculine) or (Chile) (Mexico/México) barquillo (masculine) or (Venezuela) barquilla (feminine) or (Colombia) cono (masculine)
- 3 (in retina) cono (masculine)Example sentences
- Rods are responsible for vision in low light and cones are responsible for color vision.
- The cornea and lens of the eye ensure that the light rays are focused on the rods and cones of the retina.
- This test evaluates the cones of the retina and the visual cortex.
- 4 [Botany/Botánica] piña (feminine), cono (masculine)Example sentences
- Conifer cones, cone scales, cone seeds, and tiny scaly conifer stems are found at a number of short-shoot sites.
- Pinaceae are Monoecious with small pollen cones and larger seed cones with spirally arranged scales.
- But that's good news for the tree, since fire opens its serotinous cones to release the seeds, starting the process over again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the