Translation of confession in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 countable or uncountable (of sins) to go to confessionir a confesarseto hear somebody's confessionconfesar a alguiento make one's confession
oír a alguien en confesiónconfesarseExample sentences2.2 countable (denomination)
Example sentences2.3 countable (profession) confession of faith
- But the priest patiently heard my confession, gave me absolution, and then zipped out to continue his busy day.
- The priest would hear confessions and give absolution for sins.
- This isn't to knock all priests who hear confessions - many are compassionate and have a gift of knowing just what to say.
- Today, the Reformed Evangelische Kirche, while professing to adhere to The Helvetic Confession, has departed completely from the historic Reformed faith and biblical ethics.
- He held this view while confessing allegiance to the Belgic Confession, but like the tendency of current revisions, it led to losable election, losable regeneration, and losable justification.
- We reject and condemn these errors and all others that contradict and contravene the above doctrine as being contrary to the pure Word of God, the writings of the holy prophets and apostles, and our Christian Creed and Confession.
- For some, the focus of evangelism efforts is a confession of faith - agreement with or conversion to a specific theological statement.
- This means that the bases for church reunion have to be the confessions of faith and the communal structures of the once undivided church of East and West.
- We put on our armour by a simple confession of faith: ‘Lord Jesus, You are my armour.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.