Translation of confide in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (tell secrets) to confide
insb confiarse* aalgn you can confide in me puedes confiarte a mí 1.2 (trust) [literary/literario] to confide insb/sth confiar* enalgn/algoExample sentences
- I kinda wish she'd just confide in me, since I ended up trusting her enough to confide in her.
- Not only will people not trust you, confide in you or believe you - they might ditch you.
- I would urge her to seek help and confide in somebody she trusts.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (tell) to confide sth
tosb [secret/fear] confiarle* algo aalgn he confided his troubles to me me confió sus problemas he confided to me that he was scared me confió que estaba asustado 1.2 (entrust) [formal] to confide sth tosb confiarle* algo a algnExample sentences
- He accordingly confided his estate to a trustee and gave him unusual powers.
- Later on, when his younger brother reached the age where he, too, had to earn his living and five hectares were not enough to support two families, he confided the estate to his brother and created a negociant business.
- Among friends again, we may be happy to confide our innermost secrets, but when it comes to revealing how much we earn or save, most of us are less forthcoming.
- The Hollywood actress has been calling her ex while he is on tour and has spent hours confiding her secrets and emotions to him
- As one parent of a child in private education confides: ‘It's just that we want them to be with people like us.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.