- 1.1 (sure) [statement/forecast] hecho con confianza or seguridad in the confident belief o expectation that … confiando en que … I am confident that she won't disappoint us tengo (la) plena confianza de que no nos defraudará to be confident
ofsth confiar* enalgo we are confident of victory confiamos en la victoriaMore example sentences1.2 (self-confident) [person] seguro de sí mismo
More example sentences
- He was certainly very confident that there were places where autism could be treated.
- If he is confident of a positive response from his squad then the fun is set to begin for United fans.
- While it is too early to record any positive results yet, Pam is quietly confident that it will help.
- Before we go out onto the field, he makes everyone so relaxed and confident in their own ability.
- Instead, he was too trusting, perhaps too confident in his own ability to keep everything together.
- They refused to be overawed by Brazil, and came out fully confident in their ability to win.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)