Translation of confident in Spanish:
- 1 (sure)(statement/forecast)in the confident belief o expectation that …
hecho con confianza or seguridadconfiando en que …I am confident that she won't disappoint ustengo (la) plena confianza de que no nos defraudaráto be confident
ofsomethingconfiarwe are confident of victory enalgoconfiamos en la victoriaExample sentences
- He was certainly very confident that there were places where autism could be treated.
- If he is confident of a positive response from his squad then the fun is set to begin for United fans.
- While it is too early to record any positive results yet, Pam is quietly confident that it will help.
- 2 (self-confident)(person)
seguro de sí mismoExample sentences
- Before we go out onto the field, he makes everyone so relaxed and confident in their own ability.
- Instead, he was too trusting, perhaps too confident in his own ability to keep everything together.
- They refused to be overawed by Brazil, and came out fully confident in their ability to win.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.