- 1.1 (traditional) [person/views/clothes] conservadorMore example sentences1.2
(Conservative)[Politics/Política] (in UK, Can, etc) (before noun/delante del nombre) conservador the Conservative (and Unionist) Party (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) el Partido Conservador 1.3 (cautious) [approach] cauteloso, prudente at a conservative estimate calculando por lo bajoMore example sentences
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
More example sentences
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
- 1.1 (traditionalist) conservador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.2
(Conservative)(in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) conservador, (masculine, feminine) the Conservatives los conservadores, el Partido Conservador
- They saw fascists as more patriotic and determined than traditional conservatives.
- So the claim that there are conservatives who believe in some sort of absolute liberty is a total straw man.
- The antagonism between conservatives and progressives in Korea has a long history.