Translation of conservative in Spanish:
- 1.1 (traditional)(person/views/clothes)Example sentences1.2
also: Conservative(Politics) (in UK, Can, etc) (before noun) the Conservative (and Unionist) Party (in UK)1.3 (cautious) at a conservative estimateel Partido ConservadorExample sentences
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
- 1.1 (traditionalist)1.2conservador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)also: Conservative(in UK)the Conservativesconservador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)los conservadoresel Partido ConservadorExample sentences
- They saw fascists as more patriotic and determined than traditional conservatives.
- So the claim that there are conservatives who believe in some sort of absolute liberty is a total straw man.
- The antagonism between conservatives and progressives in Korea has a long history.
Cultural Note: Conservative Party
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.