Translation of conservative in Spanish:
- 1.1 (traditional) [person/views/clothes] conservadorExample sentences1.2
(Conservative)[Politics/Política] (in UK, Can, etc) (before noun/delante del nombre) conservador the Conservative (and Unionist) Party (in UK) el Partido Conservador 1.3 (cautious) [approach] cauteloso, prudente at a conservative estimate calculando por lo bajoExample sentences
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.