Translation of conspiracy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1.1 countable (plot) there's a conspiracy against me in this office! [humorous]¡toda la oficina está confabulada contra mí! [humorous]conspiracy to +
infinitiveconspiraciónthe press maintained a conspiracy of silence on the subject para+ infinitivela prensa guardó un silencio cómplice sobre el temaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (act of conspiring)
- The tacit conspiracy is the cause; the secret conspiracies are the symptoms.
- Where there were kings, queens, palaces there ought to be intrigues, conspiracies and secret tunnels.
- If the uncovered ‘secrets’ involve grand conspiracies, so much the better.
- She is serving three-and-a-half years in prison for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- Tamper with a witness and see how you would go on a charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- The second man is also being held on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.