Translation of conspiracy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1.1 countable (plot) there's a conspiracy against me in this office! [humorous]conspiracy to +¡toda la oficina está confabulada contra mí! [humorous]
infinitivethe press maintained a conspiracy of silence on the subjectconspiración para+ infinitivela prensa guardó un silencio cómplice sobre el temaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (act of conspiring)
- The tacit conspiracy is the cause; the secret conspiracies are the symptoms.
- Where there were kings, queens, palaces there ought to be intrigues, conspiracies and secret tunnels.
- If the uncovered ‘secrets’ involve grand conspiracies, so much the better.
- She is serving three-and-a-half years in prison for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- Tamper with a witness and see how you would go on a charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- The second man is also being held on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to