Translation of constitutional in Spanish:
- [crisis/dilemma/monarchy] constitucionalExample sentences
- It is a fundamental constitutional principle, deeply entrenched within our system.
- The minority denounced the stay as a violation of both constitutional procedures and democratic principles.
- It is a constitutional document, and constitutional documents and principles are always the subject of debate.
- In June 1960 a group of princes signed a memorandum calling for a constitutional monarchy.
- Luxembourg is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy.
- The Deputy Prime Minister said today that he believes in supporting the constitutional monarchy.
- [dated or hum] paseo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.