Translation of consult in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [expert/colleague/dictionary/watch] consultar if symptoms persist, consult a doctor si los síntomas continúan, consulte a su médico we were not consulted about the office move no se nos consultó (sobre) el traslado de la oficinaExample sentences
- Anyone seeking such advice should consult a competent professional.
- Do always consult an expert for advice on international adoption agencies and orphanages.
- Continue to engage and consult professional trainers, breeders and other specialists.
- I would not consult watches or diaries if I did not need time to do things, if I did not need to do things on time.
- Serena watched him consult his electronic notepad then head for the door of the hotel room.
- He had refreshed his memory by consulting the meticulous diaries he has kept throughout his career.
- 2 (consider) [formal] [feelings/interests] tener* en consideración, considerarExample sentences
- He said that at the centre of the present crisis was the fact that the federal council had taken a course of action without consulting the people.
- No one of course consulted the Scottish people, and widespread popular opposition greeted the Union.
- Of course I am not consulted by State-owned enterprises before they put up prices.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a