Translation of consume in Spanish:
- 1.1 (eat, drink) [formal] she consumes vast quantities of novelsdevora grandes cantidades de novelasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (use up)
- Anyway, the initial set back apart, the evening was most convivial, beers were consumed, food was ingested and chit was chatted.
- It's caused by consuming food and drink with high acidity levels.
- ‘Obviously a lot of extra food and drink is consumed at Christmas time,’ he said.
(electricity/energy/resources)1.3 (Economics)(commodity/product)Example sentences
- Scott felt the same feeling of guilt consume him again.
- Such feelings often consumed the person to evil.
- However, strange feelings often consumed me that made me wonder if she ever viewed me as something else.
Example sentences1.4 (destroy)
- Each human, particularly each American human, consumes enormous resources.
- But this puts you back in the exact same trap: the second machine is consuming resources too.
- American pacification efforts took on many forms and consumed enormous resources during the Vietnam War.
(fire)he was consumed by o with jealousyreducir a cenizashe was consumed by o with envylo consumían los celosse moría de envidiaExample sentences
- But our privacy from the marketplace is always qualified, because as long as we consume goods and services, then to some extent our private pursuits occur within the marketplace.
- Society cannot survive on the intangible ‘feelgoods’ of ideas and creativity - it needs to consume goods and services produced.
- Even in a global era, we live locally and consume goods and services at a local level.
- New Orleans city officials say the threat of their flooded, ruined city being consumed by fires is worsening by the hour.
- The money often shared the fate of people and property - consumed by fire, drowned and otherwise destroyed.
- Now Scotland on Sunday can reveal that the hut that helped fan the flames of devolution has itself been consumed by fire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than