Translation of contagion in Spanish:
- 1 (Medicine)Example sentences
- All laws of quarantine have their origin and basis in the concept of disease transmission by contagion.
- The confluence of invisibility, indeterminacy, and contagion understandably generates anxiety and encourages behaviour that reduces risk of exposure.
- Secondly, trials using viral vectors occasionally present risks to the public through transmission of transgenes or contagion.
- Mortality rates dropped with the control of such contagions as smallpox, but tuberculosis continued to be a major problem that retarded population growth.
- Not everyone in a city with a smallpox contagion is going to catch it, so the overall mortality for a population center would be less than that.
- As a consequence, they would have come in contact with a vast array of other animals at the periphery of their habitat, which conceivably could have transferred a disease contagion to the great herds of the plains.
- 2 [literary]Example sentences
- By the 1690s, Spinoza's ideas could be found in all the bookshops, and even polemics against him served only to spread the intellectual contagion.
- The weeping spread like contagion to Amma and our maid.
- I have fretted that some journalists might take it upon themselves to spread the vile contagion of conscience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.