Translation of contention in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (dispute) who was responsible is still in contention todavía se discute quién fue el responsable the matter in contention el asunto en discusión her motives are not in contention nadie pone en tela de juicio sus intencionesExample sentences1.2 (competition) he's still in contention for a medal todavía tiene posibilidades de llevarse una medalla she's out of contention in this race en esta carrera no tiene ninguna posibilidad or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) chance
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- Another area of much contention is the desired level of channel control sought by the manufacturer.
- The basis for this contention among British doctors seems even more tenuous.
- 2 countable/numerable (assertion) opinión (feminine) it is her contention that … ella sostiene que …, a su modo de ver …Example sentences
- I am not saying you do not have arguments against the contentions the applicant would wish to make.
- But to this point, the administration has offered few direct answers to the particular contentions of the critics.
- We say that if it is necessary, the second respondent in its argument has raised a contention.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the