The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.
- 1.1 (restrained) continenteMore example sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] que controla los esfínteres
More example sentences
- They believed that the church should be made up of women and men who were sexually continent and who also abstained from wine and meat.
- They were sexually continent all their lives.
- We compared the risk of urinary incontinence in the daughters of incontinent women with that in the daughters of continent women.
- This provides a mechanism to influence the two muscle groups to work in concert for continent urine storage and release.
- The patients in the study were losing the ability to dress themselves, bathe, use the toilet, clean themselves, and remain continent.