Translation of contour in Spanish:
- 1.1 (outline) 1.2also: contours plural(curves)curvas (feminine plural)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3contour (line)
- There is an almost abstract flavour to his creations - speedy outlines and contours take shape on the canvas as he moves about in a blur.
- Angles and curves, shapes and contours fascinate young minds.
- But Rosa's life is also a very modern one, its broad contours shaped by global economic forces and its details modified by individual needs and personal enterprise.
- A built-in Mathematica algorithm was used to fit contours to a lattice of values calculated by numerical solution of Equation 11 and Equation 12.
- The contours show that the steepest gradients surround the Earth and Sun, with the five Earth Lagrange Points located in equilibrium regions with relatively gentle gradient.
- On a map without contours, two communities cut off from one another by an impassable mountain may appear as close neighbours.
- 1.1 (shape) 1.2(road/railway)
construir siguiendo las curvas del terrenoExample sentences1.3
- These roads contoured steep slopes above streams, and the aspect measured was that of the prevailing slope.
- There were level parts contouring along the hillside where I sauntered past brilliant wildflowers or sharply aromatic herbs.
- The route continued contouring the south coast, the border regions, and the north coast on return to Dili.
- It is important to note that these maps were hand contoured, and contour software packages were not used due to accuracy and availability of data in some units.
- These spheres are then used to compute a three-dimensional density map which, when contoured, defines the surface of the gap region.
- A full colour photograph, contoured map and additional facts about the history, geology and wildlife of the area accompany each route.
- Incidentally, all the car's seats are contoured and similar to those shaped for motor sport, providing all-round support.
- Surgeons have advanced in technique to shape and contour the deeper facial tissues and resuspend them.
- Offer quality leather that is highly contoured or very soft to conform to a woman's body.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.