- 1.1 countable/numerable (participation, part played) contribución (feminine) to make a contribution to sth hacer* una contribución a algo his contribution to the debate was most enlightening su intervención en el debate fue muy instructivaMore example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (payment, donation) contribución (feminine); (to a fund) aportación (feminine), aporte (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) ; (to social security fund) cotización (feminine), aporte (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , imposición (feminine) (Chile)
More example sentences
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.