Translation of contribution in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (participation, part played) contribución (feminine) to make a contribution to sth hacer* una contribución a algo his contribution to the debate was most enlightening su intervención en el debate fue muy instructivaExample sentences1.2 c and u (payment, donation) contribución (feminine); (to a fund) aportación (feminine), aporte (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) ; (to social security fund) cotización (feminine), aporte (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , imposición (feminine) (Chile)
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.