Translation of contribution in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (participation, part played) contribución (feminine) to make a contribution to sth hacer* una contribución a algo his contribution to the debate was most enlightening su intervención en el debate fue muy instructivaExample sentences1.2 c and u (payment, donation) contribución (feminine); (to a fund) aportación (feminine), aporte (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) ; (to social security fund) cotización (feminine), aporte (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , imposición (feminine) (Chile)
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.