- 1.1 c (participation, part played) contribución (f) to make a contribution to sth hacer* una contribución a algo his contribution to the debate was most enlightening su intervención en el debate fue muy instructivaMore example sentences1.2 c u (payment, donation) contribución (f); (to a fund) aportación (f), aporte (m) (esp AmL) ; (to social security fund) cotización (f), aporte (m) (RPl) , imposición (f) (Chi)
More example sentences
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.