Translation of conversion in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (transformation) See examples:conversion (
into/ tosomething)what's the formula for the conversion of miles into kilometers?conversión (feminine) or transformación (feminine) ( enalgo)1.2 (change, switch) See examples:conversion (¿cuál es la fórmula para convertir millas a or (Spain) en kilómetros? fromsomething tosomething)Example sentences1.3 (Religion)
- The expenditure during the quarter ended June 2002 includes costs incurred towards the process of conversion of the company into a commercial bank.
- The exhibits explaining the process of bio energy conversion with sewage water would have been music to the ears of die-hard environmentalists.
- The characteristics of the transformed films and of the process by which conversion occurs challenge current models of the stable surfactant film.
- The most fundamental religious experience of Newman's life was his adolescent conversion to evangelical religion.
- A conversion from one religion to another may also help one overcome ambivalence; the imagery used for God may differ from that used in childhood.
- Unlike Buddhism, Jainism did not advocate conversion to its religion and it did not spread outside the country.
- The literary masterpiece Barrow draws on to illumine the path of conversion and repentance is Dante's Purgatorio.
- Saturday morning I lectured for another three hours on conversion and repentance.
- The monastery, that is to say, is a place of continual repentance, of constantly renewed conversion.
- 2 uncountable (Law)Example sentences
- It was held that the plaintiffs could successfully maintain an action in conversion against the defendant as they still enjoyed the general property in the car.
- They may be interests in property, as in actions for trespass and conversion; or interests in unimpaired relations with others, as in causing injury or death to relatives.
- A fortunate few have previously negotiated conversion from lease to proper title with the former laird for just the cost of the legal expenses.
- 3 countable or uncountable (in rugby)Example sentences
- Marcus Edwards, Scarborough's influential fly half, was instrumental in most of Scarborough's scoring, kicking all the conversions and a penalty goal.
- Bob Brown scored three conversions and two drop goals.
- Andy Bowness kicked a great conversion to level the scores from the right hand touchline.
- 4countable or uncountable (in US football)Example sentences
- If this monotonous mess doesn't end after two overtimes, teams are forced to go for two points on touchdown conversions.
- The colleges introduced two-point conversions in 1957.
- He bagged two touchdowns, four conversions and a penalty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.