Translation of convulse in Spanish:
- 1 (contort) (usually passive) he was convulsed with painse retorcía del dolortheir antics convulsed the audienceel público se desternillaba (de risa) con sus payasadas [colloquial]Example sentences
- Kristine tightened her muscles while her body convulsed.
- Her body jerked and convulsed in pain and she fell backwards, dropping her sword with a clatter.
- His words echoed in the emptiness of his mind as his frail, emaciated body began to convulse and was racked by involuntary spasms.
- 2 (shake, rock)Example sentences
- From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter.
- She looked to the king and queen for support, but both were convulsed with laughter.
- Please excuse the lack of in-depth analysis of this story, but it's hard to type when your entire body is convulsed with hysterical laughter.
- There are huge political and social upheavals that are convulsing the nation.
- By 1983, protests against the dictatorship by social organizations and the banned political parties convulsed the country.
- In September 1949, tens of millions hoped that the establishment of a Communist government in China would bring an end to the military and political turmoil that had convulsed the country for most of the first half of the twentieth century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.