Translation of coordinate in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /koʊˈɔrdəˌneɪt/ British English: /kəʊˈɔːdɪneɪt/
- 1 (make function together)(movements/activities/project)
- This option is, however, impractical for larger organizations where it is more cost effective to develop control rules as a means to coordinate the activities of organizational members.
- This partnership has a key role in co-ordinating activities across public organisations, and it is through this group that transport issues affecting access to health care will be addressed.
- A joint leadership group of officials from both organizations will coordinate these activities.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /koʊˈɔrdəˌneɪt/ British English: /kəʊˈɔːdɪneɪt/
nounAmerican English: /koʊˈɔrd(ə)nət/ British English: /kəʊˈɔːdɪnət/
- 1 (Mathematics) (before noun) coordinate geometryExample sentences
- It happened when he came across a theorem which stated that points in the plane could be specified with a single coordinate.
- The points at sea-level were all lined up: the east-west coordinate was the same for every point.
- Basically, the fifth coordinate was not observable but was a physical quantity that was conjugate to the electrical charge.
- 2also: coordinates plural2.1(in navigation) coordenadas (feminine plural)2.2(clothing) prendas (feminine plural) para combinar
coordinados (masculine plural)Example sentences
- As a testament to the camp shirt's ongoing popularity, manufacturers and suppliers continue to provide new twists on camp shirt colors, coordinates and styles for 2004.
- Outrageously colored coats of layered fabrics were worn over ugly, contradictory coordinates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.