Translation of corporation in Spanish:
- 2 (municipal council) (British English/inglés británico) corporación (feminine) (municipal), municipio (masculine), ayuntamiento (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [bus] municipalExample sentences
- The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The applicant was the largest creditor of the corporation and substantially financed its incorporation.
- Multinational corporations have taken over the economy while being protected by the law.
- The Municipal Corporations Act of 1835 had given elected corporations to the large towns.
- Holland was ruled by the Regent corporations of the eighteen cities represented in the Holland States.
- Thirty-three years ago he even won a seat on the city corporation for one term at a time when the Tories were serious contenders for power in George Square.
- 3 (paunch) (British English/inglés británico) [humorous/humorístico], panza (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.