- 2 (municipal council) (BrE) corporación (f) (municipal), municipio (m), ayuntamiento (m); (before n) [bus] municipalMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The applicant was the largest creditor of the corporation and substantially financed its incorporation.
- Multinational corporations have taken over the economy while being protected by the law.
- The Municipal Corporations Act of 1835 had given elected corporations to the large towns.
- Holland was ruled by the Regent corporations of the eighteen cities represented in the Holland States.
- Thirty-three years ago he even won a seat on the city corporation for one term at a time when the Tories were serious contenders for power in George Square.
- 3 (paunch) (BrE) [humorístico/humorous], panza (f) [familiar/colloquial]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...