Translation of cowl in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (monk's cloak) hábito (masculine) ([ con capucha ]) cogulla (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (hood) capucha (feminine), cogulla (feminine)
Example sentences1.3cowl (neck) [Clothing/Indumentaria] cuello (masculine) vuelto ([ desbocado ])
- Anyone who ever did know the man behind the hooded cowl died long ago and in a horrible fashion.
- Then, an army of warriors and men dressed in black cowls came from the direction of Plunder castle and sacked the town.
- It was dressed in the black cowl of a priest.
- The scapula was meant to protect the chemise, and had a built in hood or cowl.
- His cowl has a vaguely avian appearance, with a visor in the shape of a beak.
- No face was visible from beneath the depths of the cowls.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.