Translation of coy in Spanish:
adjective coyer, coyest
- (shy)(evasive) evasivoa coy little smileuna sonrisita tímida y coquetalet's not be coy about itno nos andemos con remilgosExample sentences
- True, she's as coy and feminine as she wants to be.
- We've flirted at balls, and she was as coy as a twenty-four year-old!
- She's coy enough to curdle butter, looking up at him from under her lashes.
- Clifford is coy about this, ‘No, I think I've got my work cut out here quite frankly.’
- Nor was the administration coy about its reasons.
- This was no time to be coy about asking for money.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.