Translation of crackle in Spanish:
- 1.1(twigs/paper)the line's crackling a lothay mucho ruido en la líneaExample sentences1.2 (sparkle) See examples: this city crackles with excitement
esta ciudad bulle de entusiasmo
- The fire crackled and sparked, sending small bits of flame into the crisp night air.
- The wind sang its gentle desert lullaby, and the prisoners' fires crackled and snapped quietly.
- Hunkered down in my studies, I'd hear the trailer suddenly begin to crackle like a beer can crushed in a fist.
- (of twigs, paper) the crackle of the firethe crackle of gunfireel crepitar or el chisporroteo del fuegoel traqueteo de los fusilesExample sentences
- Chest examination revealed fine late inspiratory crackles with otherwise normal breath sounds.
- There is lots of white noise in the track - crackles and pops that indicate age and handling mishaps.
- The music sometimes sounds a bit wobbly, and pops and crackles are heard throughout the mixes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.