intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [fire] crepitar, chisporrotear; [twigs/paper] crujir the line's crackling a lot hay mucho ruido en la líneaMore example sentences1.2 (sparkle) this city crackles with excitement esta ciudad bulle de entusiasmo
- The fire crackled and sparked, sending small bits of flame into the crisp night air.
- The wind sang its gentle desert lullaby, and the prisoners' fires crackled and snapped quietly.
- Hunkered down in my studies, I'd hear the trailer suddenly begin to crackle like a beer can crushed in a fist.
- (of twigs, paper) crujido (masculine) the crackle of the fire el crepitar or el chisporroteo del fuego the crackle of gunfire el traqueteo de los fusiles
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.