- 1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] grillo (masculine) to be as chirpy/merry as a cricket [colloquial/familiar] estar* como unas Pascuas or como un cascabelMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The warm summer air whipped through Chris' open window blowing with it the sounds of crickets chirping.
- The only sound heard was crickets, chirping their nightly tunes hidden somewhere in the darkness.
- She sniffed delicately as her ears moved to the sounds of crickets chirping.
- The second family includes some but by no means all of the insects which bear the name cricket.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Sport/Deporte] (game) críquet (masculine) that's not cricket (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] eso no es jugar limpio (before noun/delante del nombre) [ball/match/bat] de críquetMore example sentences
- The village has a good sports field with football and cricket teams.
- So many runs in three days of cricket can't be a good wicket for Test match cricket.
- The lack of patience from their batsmen has often been the bane of Bangladesh's cricket team.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...