Translation of crime in Spanish:
- 1 countable (wrongful act)(murder) crimen (masculine)to commit a crime the scene of the crimeel lugar del delito/crimenla escena del crimena crime against humanity/natureun crimen contra la humanidad/contra naturais it such a crime to have an affair?¿es que es un crimen tener una aventura?it's a crime to waste such talent [colloquial]es un crimen or un pecado desperdiciar un talento asíExample sentences
- Logic is turned upside down and instead of being punished for their crimes of omission they reap their due reward.
- He said the order had turned the offence of being drunk and disorderly into a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.
- One cannot just walk away from the scene of the crime without admitting wrongdoing.
- Any activity that takes away these rights is a crime against nature and humanity.
- To undermine football as happens in certain countries is a deception and a crime against society.
- As I said it was a crime against humanity so that is what he deserved and that is what the rest of them deserve.
- 2 uncountable (criminal activity) to punish/prevent crimecastigar/prevenir la delincuenciaa life of crimeuna vida de delincuenciaan increase in crimeun aumento de la delincuencia or criminalidadorganized crimeel crimen organizadocrime doesn't payno hay crimen sin castigo(before noun) (rate/figures)crime fiction
de criminalidadnovelas (feminine plural) policíacas or policialescrime statisticsdatos (masculine plural) estadísticos sobre la criminalidad
estadísticas (feminine plural) sobre criminalidadExample sentences
- What of course everyone agrees with is that drug dealing and organised crime should be illegal.
- Crimes such as vandalism, car crime and burglary are an everyday occurrence in Swindon.
- And surely you agree that crime and illegal immigration are getting out of hand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.